An Apprenticeship is…
- A full-time job with both on and off the job training
- For individuals over the age of 16, living in England and not in full time education
- An apprentice must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week, 20% of this time must be
given for off the job training
- An apprenticeship can be offered to existing employees or new recruits to gain the necessary skills
and knowledge required for specific job roles, future employment and progression
- An apprentice must be paid a minimum of £3.50 per hour. If the apprentice is 19 or over and has
been on program for over a year they must be paid minimum wage for their age
- Apprenticeships benefit employers and individuals, and by boosting the skills of the workforce they
help to improve economic productivity
- Earn while you learn – no student debt!
Why Skills Edge?
- You will be mentored by our carefully selected Sector Experts – industry experts with extensive experience working in their field
- State of the art e-portfolio software allows you to access and track your progress any time, on any device
- Head offices based in Norwich, with a team of apprenticeship experts on hand to help guide you through your course
- 9 years of experience in the apprenticeship industry
- A broad range of opportunities across the county to help you get ahead in your desired industry which you can apply for here!